Waste Management Yard Waste Schedule
Composting your yard and food waste helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve soil quality, reduce the need for chemicals and fertilizers and save water.
Acceptable Yard and Food Waste:
- Food Scraps: Meats, dairy products, fruits and vegetables, breads, eggshells and nutshells, coffee grounds, and tea bags.
- Food-soiled Paper: Pizza boxes, paper towels & napkins, non-shiny paper plates and cups, paper egg cartons, paper grocery bags with food scraps, and coffee filters.
- Yard Debris: Grass, leaves, weeds, pine needles, thatch, plant trimmings, small amounts of sod, and branches less than 3 inches in diameter and less than 4 feet in length.
- Collection Schedule:
Yard and food waste are collected weekly from subscribers from March - November and monthly and on the first pick up day of the month of December February.
Extra Yard Trimmings
There is a charge for additional yard trimmings that are not inside the cart.
- Paper yard bags (available at home and garden stores), or
- 32-gal cans with handles & lids (65 lb limit) labeled "Yard" or
- Bundles tied with sisal twine (4'x2' limit)
* Yard trimmings are not accepted in plastic bags.