Waste Management provides wheeled carts for collection of your trash, recyclables and greenwaste. Trash and greenwaste are picked up weekly, recyclables are picked up bi-weekly.
2016 Recycling Calendar
Cart Service Reminders:
- Place all waste in the appropriate container and close the lid
- Trash, recyclables and greenwaste not in the carts will not be collected
- Place your carts at the curb by 6:00 am on your collection day. Emptied carts must be removed from curbside.
- Roll carts into the street and place them against the curb, handles facing your home. Place carts at least two feet apart from other carts and objects.
- Do not place greenwaste in plastic bags.
What Goes In Your Cart?
Trash Cart (Black or Burgundy)
- Food Waste
- Soiled Paper Plates / Napkins
- Plastic Bags
- Aluminum Foil
- Palm Fronds
- Polystyrene Foam
- Animal Manure
Recycling Cart (Gray)
- Mixed Paper
- Junk Mail
- Cereal Boxes
- Magazines & Phone Books
- Aluminum Cans
- Tin / Steel Cans
- Plastic Bottles
- Glass / Plastic Food & Beverage Containers
Become a Recycling Ambassador! Recycle Right by keeping these three things in mind:
- Recycle all bottles, cans and paper.
- Keep items clean and dry.
- No plastic bags in the recycling.
Visit to learn more.
Greenwaste Cart (Green)
- Grass / Leaves
- Tree Branches
- Plants / Weeds
- Garden Trimmings (No palm fronds, soil, rocks)
Note: Additional carts are available for a nominal fee.
Residential services are billed quarterly by Waste Management. Discounted rates are offered to seniors.
Bulky Item Collection
Residents may request the free pick up of household bulky items two times a year. Additional bulky item collections are available at a nominal cost. To schedule a bulky item pickup, please contact Waste Management at (800) 423-9986 at least 24 hours in advance of your regular collection day.
Christmas Tree Recycling
We will collect and recycle Christmas trees for the first two weeks following Christmas on your regular collection day. Trees taller than six feet must be cut in half. Please remove all tinsel, metal ornaments and metal stands from trees. Flocked trees will be collected but cannot be recycled.
Disposal of Used Motor Oil
To schedule a free pickup of residentially-generated used motor oil, please contact Waste Management at (800) 423-9986 at least 24 hours in advance of your regular collection day. A maximum of two gallons are accepted per week.
Collection of electronic waste will be provided at a charge of $26.34 per item. Advance notice is required. Contact Waste Management at (800) 423-9986 at least 24 hours in advance of your regular collection day.
Household Hazardous Waste
Household Hazardous Waste cannot be collected by Waste Management. For more information, please call the Riverside County Environmental Health Department at (800) 304-2226 or visit our website at for upcoming hazardous waste roundups.