El Dorado County Environmental Management operates a hazardous household waste collection site at Station 86 located at 3670 Bass Lake Road in El Dorado Hills. This site is open on the first and third Saturday of each month from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, excluding holiday weekends and weather permitting (raining or over 100 degrees). If you have any additional questions, you can contact El Dorado County Environmental Management at (530) 621-5300.
The HHW Status Hotline number is (530) 295-4100 and is updated frequently to state whether or not collection sites will be opened or cancelled.
Due to unforeseen weather conditions, we recommend that you call the hotline before heading to the collection site. Reasons that the collection site may be cancelled or closed are as follows: Holiday weekends, weather that is over 100 degrees or rain.
Household generated items that will be accepted include:
- Electronic Waste
- Used motor oil
- Fluorescent/Sodium Light Bulbs
- Antifreeze Brake fluid
- Pool Chemicals (15 gallon or 125 lb. limit per vehicle)
- Medical Sharps (must be in sharps container)
- Expired Pharmaceutical (Except for controlled substances)
Items that cannot be accepted:
- Radioactive Materials
- Explosives or compressed gas cylinders
- Expired Controlled Pharmaceutical