Waste Management Residential
Want to be a Driver? Don’t know where to start?
Start here, as a Helper and become a Waste Management Driver!
We need more professional drivers to steer our 18, 000 trucks. There aren't many jobs bigger. It requires teamwork, responsibility and the commitment to get the job done - the kind of skills you can bring.
- Weekly pay!
- home every day with work that is consistent throughout the year!
- An opportunity to Grow your Career with a truly Green company
- Industry leading Health Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- An Education Savings Plan
- Employee Discount Programs and more!
Driver Helper teams with Route Driver and assists in the collection of Waste and /or Recyclable material.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
- Manually or mechanically load and empty residential and/or commercial containers into truck.
- Containers maybe staged curbside, dockside, carryout, or require pullout to complete service.
- Operates hoisting device to lift and empty bins or containers into truck hopper.
- Assists driver with all backing maneuvers while on route.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED ( accredited).
- Experience: Six (6) months of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, and criminal history.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than __ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to __ lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or riding in a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41, 000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18, 000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.