People regularly face risks related to the security of the workspace. Often, the importance of following safety rules is realized only after an accident.
People spend eight hours a day in the workplace. It should be safe and not cause harm to health. Health problems arise not only because of accidents or emergencies. These may be common phenomena that employees face every day:
- slippery floor;
- exhaust gases;
- emergency condition of the building;
- broken equipment;
- increased air temperature.
The safety of employees is not only the presence of fire extinguishers, evacuation plans and exit signs. This is a set of measures that include the arrangement of the office, leveling the consequences of harm to the profession, comfortable furniture, modern working equipment, compliance with safety rules by all members of the team.
Emergency condition of the building
Before you open a company and rent a building for an office, you need to make sure that it meets all technical requirements. You should contact a company, for example, like rambuildingconsultancy.co.uk, which will conduct a construction inspection. Even when your office is functioning after the inspection, it is necessary to regularly check the premises for various leaks. This way you will protect yourself and your employees.
Ensuring the safety of employees
The employer is obliged to ensure the safety of employees and is legally responsible for exposing personnel to the dangers and risks associated with work.
The employer is obliged to pursue a policy that ensures safety at work and creates conditions that contribute to the preservation of the health of not only the team, but also customers. This:
- development of internal policies and programs in the field of health and safety in accordance with the legislation;
- taking all measures to ensure that working conditions do not cause harm to employees, customers or society as a whole;
- compliance with laws and regulations in the field of health, safety and ecology;
- investigation of accidents or diseases caused by professional activity;
- employees should know the basics of security;
- they should be notified of the risks and dangers they may encounter in the course of work;
- prevention of emergency situations.
Companies with a thorough approach to the safety of their employees ensure a high level of loyalty and staff satisfaction. And thereby establish themselves as a reliable employer, increasing their brand.